Friday 11 September 2009

Super Exciting Hot New Jams!


On Tuesday this week I decided to set myself a challenge; listen to nothing but Van Halen for the next week. I was only familiar with a small portion of their output - 'Jump' (obviously), 'Panama' and that one that that big-beat/dance/techno group sampled. I got hold of all the David Lee Roth-era albums and got down to business. That Eddie Van Halen shreds like a motherfucker! 'Women and Children First' is probably the best one in my opinion. Nasty guitars, Diamond Dave talking about going to parties and banging chicks, it's all rather good. The same can be said for all of their albums really, but this one seems to be the most concise, and the most fun.

All the early albums are recorded with just EVH in the left-hand channel which makes for interesting listening. If it gets a bit too much for you, take one earphone out. After three days it has started to grate, and I have failed. Mostly because of this.

It's a track recorded during the sessions for their album, 'Tail, Swallower and Dove', released last year. It's the fucking TITS. I don't think I could love this band any more if I tried. This track is available from iTunes, so do yourselves a favour and get all over it.

No comments: