Friday 5 June 2009

Franking Shinfo

Here we have the Pitney Bowes DM50 Letter Franking Machine. Very exciting I know. This fucking thing is the bane of my life. Recently, we have started receiving information from a company called DataServe Direct who somehow manage to get hold of planning permission applications from local councils, and are allowed to sell that on to businesses. We do a lot of custom installation, so this data can be quite useful. The problem is, however, I'm the chump who has to deal with it. Every two weeks we get about 2-300 names and addresses. This involves stuffing however many envelopes are necessary to fulfil the quota, sticking the label on the envelope and then franking the envelope. This process will generally take me about 4-5 hours, due to customers, phonecalls, having other things to do etc. I'm not really sure why I've written this down, this is quite possibly the biggest piece of SHINFO you're ever likely to read.

No comments: